New Under Carpet Floor Heating System
Coldbuster has taken it’s thin heating element design and applied it to a versatile new form of under carpet floor heating that offers improved coverage and greater flexibility.
Heating under carpets presents a greater challenge than heating under tiles. A floor heating cable that is fitted between the carpet and underlay is subject to much more movement when the carpet is walked upon, compared to when a cable is rigidly fixed in tile glue below the tile surface.
The thin under carpet floor heating system sits between the underlay and the carpet surface, benefits from the added insulation the underlay offers keeping the cable off the cold cement slab or timber subfloor.
However, with carpet movement inherent with foot traffic, the under carpet floor heating cable is fixed to a ‘carrier’ mat so that over time they do not move closer to one another. If heat cables were to be damaged the outer earth shield would immediately 'trip' out power at the RCD circuit breaker.
Previously the Speedheat Coldbuster under carpet floor heating used a polyester mat as a carrier to maintain the carpet heater element spacing. This configuration was not dissimilar to an electric blanket, where the elements are sandwiched securely between two layers of fabric.
The disadvantage of this design however, meant the carpet heaters had to be manufactured in rigid, preset rectangular shapes which could then be combined and arranged to cater for different shaped and sized rooms.
The new approach of the Coldbuster carpet floor heater is however much more flexible in it’s design. Instead of pre-fixed panels, the heating element is now stitched with a polyester thread to a blue fibreglass mesh.
- The heater mats are 600mm wide and come in a range of lengths 2.5, 5, 7.5, 10 and 12.5m long to cater for rooms of different areas and shapes.
- Heaters have 6m long power leads that can be connected to a programmable or manual thermostat.
- The carpet heater is stuck on the top of the underlay, with 50mm wide masking tape.
- Tape the strips securely to prevent movement when the carpet is unrolled.
- The heater is waterproof, fully earthed and needs to be connected to a RCD protected circuit at the time of installation to ensure full protection against fire and shock hazards.
The carpet floor heating is available in kits for DIY install or fully installed by Warm Solutions. Contact Warm Solutions via fax or email your plan through for a free quote today!